Flipkart.com

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Give me more, for that is all I want


Along came a note from eternal sunshine,
Along with it came the joy of life;
Or so I thought.

Happiness weakened me,
Success softened me,
Confidence overrode me,
Laurels cajoled me,
Hope subjugated me,
Liberty entrapped me;
And I had nowhere to belong.

Give me back the pain, my Lord, for I want to feel alive,
Give me more pain, for I want to be primed,
Give me more pain, for I want to find a way,
Give me more pain, for I want the blood to rush to my head again,
Give me more pain, for I want to fight for my right,
Give me more pain, for I want to be reminded who I am and who I was.

Give me more pain, my Lord, because I can endure it all;
Give me more pain, because that is where I belong. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...